Creative Impressions

We are a group of women who enjoy tags, psp and friendship. We have daily theme threads, some games, a wonderful chat thread, psp challenges and more! Come check us out!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
January 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 37 on 03/09/14, 10:59 pm
Top posting users this week
Suzanna3

Catwoman=^..^=

crazycat

onestepangel

Most active topics
2017 Just Because Pressies
2017 Chat Thread
Daily Trivia
Color of the Day
Theme of the Day
Artist of the Day
Game Tag of the Day
Checking In
Christmas Tags
Let's see those NEW YEARS tag

Share | 

2017 Chat Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Jessica82
Admin
Admin

Location North Carolina
Birthday : 1982-04-06

PostSubject: 2017 Chat Thread   14/01/17, 07:24 am

First topic message reminder :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Please stop by and tell us about your day or what is going on in your life....a GREAT way to get to know other members better......

Last edited by Jessica82 on 24/07/17, 09:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://rendevous.yuku.com

AuthorMessage
Suzanna3

Birthday : 1937-03-14

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   20/11/17, 04:02 pm

Wow, Catwoman!  Glad you figured it out before you tried to return in!  Now you are going to have to do some cooking!!! LOL

Not much happening here.  We're just cooking a small Thanksgiving dinner for ourselves.  My daughter-in-law Nancy is staying overnight today.  She and Greg live on the coast, but she still works for an organization here in the valley.  She works from home, but comes in one day a week to the office.  It's great they will let her do that!  I was afraid she'd lose her job when they moved to the coast.  She usually stays with a friend in town, but she is out of town this week.  Will be fun to have her to ourselves for a change!  She's a really great person and perfectly suited for my son.  I thank God he found her! 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Catwoman=^..^=

Location San Diego, California
Birthday : 1958-03-30

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   21/11/17, 03:15 am

Hello Everyone!

Suzanna, awww... I don't hear too many mothers-in-law talking like that about their daughters-in-law.  I commend you for that!  She does sound like an awesome person and I'm glad he found her too.
Yes, I'm so glad that I didn't return that cooking set too.  It is a really nice looking set.  Very well built and durable.  I should take a picture of it out of the box!

Tonight I just got back from church.  I went to The Senior Thanksgiving Dinner and I really enjoyed myself.  At first I was a bit reluctant to go but I'm glad I did.  It started at around 6 pm and I got home around 8 pm.  Here are the photos:

Gaylia, Me in the blue sweater, John and Colleen. Gaylia is Colleen's mother.

Me & Dwight.  He and his wife are in charge of all the senior activities at the church.  Really great people!

Me & Dwight again with an above the waist shot.

Carlos Praising God With His Beautiful Voice.

When I first uploaded this last photo to my computer I realized how silly I was in not turning the camera on it's side so I could have gotten a more panoramic view of everything.  I also realize that I could have gotten closer to him but I didn't want to get in the way of anybody view.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Back to top Go down
crazycat
Creative Member

Location California

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   21/11/17, 04:43 am

Hi!  Sorry not been in, just trying to deal with issues.  The weight I lost wasn't from being in hospital.  But since I got out this time, my water retention is back and I have put 10 lbs water weight back on.  My sugar runs from 260 down to 145.  Dr. won't let me take my latex til my kidney is better.  Went to nutritious today and she said I've had some improvement already.  I see the Dr again 12/6 and hopefully I can get back to the latex and get my retention back under control.
The biggest problem I'm trying to deal with is the roof in my bathroom.  It is caving in.  Daughter bough a tarp to put up and I found someone to put it on the roof, but when she saw the inside damage she said she couldn't do the work.  o now I have no idea what to do.
Catwoman, looks like you have lots on your plate. Hope you are having a good time.
Suzanna, you have such a good life.
Bon, hope you are feeling better and Jessica I pray something good comes up for you soon.

Back to top Go down
Suzanna3

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   21/11/17, 05:44 pm

Good to see you, Cat!  So worry you are having roof problems and no one to help you!  Hope you get to feeling better soon and can get back on those water pills.

Catwoman, hope all is well with you.  Nice pictures you posted!  So glad you have your church activities to get you out of the house and to enjoy!

Jessica, hope all is well at your house!

We enjoyed Nancy's visit yesterday and last night!  

Back to top Go down
Jessica82
Admin
Admin

Location North Carolina
Birthday : 1982-04-06

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   22/11/17, 06:37 am

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday with your families.
Nathan and I are doing a low key Thanksgiving this year just the two of us.
I'm so thankful for your friendship all of these years.
Love you ladies.
Hugs,
Jessica

Back to top Go down
http://rendevous.yuku.com
Catwoman=^..^=

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   23/11/17, 01:08 am

Hello Everyone!

Jessica, Happy Thanksgiving to you too!  I'm very grateful for your friendship as well.  Thank you for being our fearless leader!  My Thanksgiving is going to be low key as well.  No special plans here.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here and God bless y'all!

Back to top Go down
Suzanna3

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   23/11/17, 09:58 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Hope everyone had a nice day with plenty to eat!
We cooked a turkey dinner for just the two of us.
Nice quiet relaxing day.

Back to top Go down
Catwoman=^..^=

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   23/11/17, 11:31 pm

Hello Everyone!

Suzanna, it must be nice not to have to cook for at least a couple of days.  I'm glad you had an enjoyable day.

I spent the day (from 10:30 am - 3 pm) at a friends (Marie) house from church.  We spent the whole time baking cute petite pumpkin pies, a regular sized apple pie and delicious no-bake cookies and just had an overall great time visiting with each other.
I didn't stay for Thanksgiving dinner because she had made previous plans to visit her daughter who lives in a recovery program in Alpine, California which is about a little over an hour away and the hospital only accepts family members.
That was fine, so my friend, Marie, packed up a bunch of goodies for me and now I am home enjoying my comfort foods and watching a bunch of movies that I had been DVRing for a couple of months.  My cat kept the bed warm for me while I was gone.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

This is Marie Sanabria. Here she is spooning out no-bake oatmeal/peanut butter cookies. My mom made these same cookies when I was very young. I assumed the recipe didn't exist anymore. My hero, Marie!

Here they are all laid out to 'set' a bit before eating. Yum! I can hardly wait!

Here Marie is again showing off her culinary skills. She is preparing to make an apple pie. The aroma in the kitchen was to die for!

Here are the apple 'pielets' as she calls them. A fitting name too. 
Deeeelicious!

Here is Marie preparing another apple pie for the oven.

Here I am putting the top crusts on the apple 'pielets'. I also chopped up all those little apples! LOL!

Here are the happy bakers with the finished results. The container I'm holding looks empty. I assure you it's not. By the way, this is the LAST selfie I'm ever taking! It makes for a very grainy and distorted image I think.

Here is Genie, Marie's cat. She is such a gentle beauty. Cats just make my heart melt.

I thought Genie was worth another photo. After all cats know they are the center of attention and won't accept anything less.

Here is Max the dog, but of course you already knew that he is not a cat. He is such a love.

Here is Max and Marie's other dog, Sarah. Sarah is much younger and a bit more rambunctious. That's why she is on a leash. She is a cutie though.

Back to top Go down
onestepangel

Location Bangor, Maine
Birthday : 1950-07-13

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   28/11/17, 02:24 pm

Well I had a good Thanks giving Just me and Dustin.
Things are going as usual. Sure wish Nick would do something about Izzy.
But you can lead a horse to water but can't make them drink it.
here is a pic that Dawne stole off Face Book.
It's Bethany and her family taken on TG day. my heart breaks seeing how unhappy Izzy looks in every photo now.
But nothing I can do but keep praying.
Some day I hope to see her again. Sad when you can't even get her anything for Christmas. We did that last year and she called the cops on us.
So now we can't do anything or we will get arrested. Breaks my heart. But when she is older and finds us she will know what took place.
I will be back in again soon. Just not very talkative right now I hate the holidays.
Love you all
Bon

Back to top Go down
http://s73.beta.photobucket.com/user/onestepangel/library/
Suzanna3

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   28/11/17, 10:30 pm

Great pictures, Catwoman!  Looks like you had a wonderful time and such a gift of friendship you have found!  Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Bon,  what is going on with little Izzy is just so sad!  And you are right, Izzy  does look sad in that picture in comparison to the others.  What a shame!  Wishing and hoping that things change in this situation.

Not much happening at our house.  Luckey got his hearing checked today.  His old hearing aids gave out and they don't make parts for them anymore.  He'll be getting a new set next week.  We went to Costco.  They have a great offer on hearing aids and the exam and follow-up in comparison to others!  These will be much better as they have made so many improvements over the years.

My right knee is getting so bad, it is hard to walk.  Going to have to give up, and see the doctor again.  They'll just want to put a shot of cortisone in it, but the last shot only lasted a week.  So ... we shall see.  

Back to top Go down
crazycat
Creative Member

Location California

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   04/12/17, 03:27 am

Hello!  Well still no roof and they keep threatening rain.  But on to other things.  Thursday my g/son totaled their car, so now he has to use mine to get to work and we have to find ways to get to our appts and functions.  We have found a car we are trying to get him and if all works out hopefully by mid week.  Also someone has offered him a turkey for Christmas.  OH  daughter found us a free used sofa on FB today.  It has a small rip on one arm and stains on the cushions.  Hoping I can clean it up some, but now maybe I can sleep better at night.
Otherwise all is the same.  Good to see you posting on FB Catwoman.  Suzanne, you seem to have such a good life.

Back to top Go down
Suzanna3

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   04/12/17, 12:53 pm

Aww, Cat, seems like when it rains it pours as far as trouble goes!  So sorry about the wrecked car!  You sure didn't need another worry like that!  Hope things work out in getting another car.  Did you get the sofa?  I use to have a link to something called "free stuff" and you could find things in your own neighborhood.  I'll have to see if I can find it again.  Might find one in your area, once you know what the web site address is!  I do feel I have a blessed life, when I read the suffering of you and others.  However, I do have one problem child (who will be 60 next year!) and a couple of grandsons that give me grief!

Catwoman, how's it going?  Glad you're doing the Trivia test, too.  Fun to compete!  You've beat me the last two days!

Bon, hope we hear from you.  I know you have a busy life.  How are Nick and his new bride doing?

Luckey's making pumpkin pies.  Our daughter-in-law Nancy is going to stay over two nights again.  Fun to have her with us.  I have some Hallmark Christmas movies taped and going to see if she'll watch them with me!

Back to top Go down
crazycat
Creative Member

Location California

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   06/12/17, 05:43 am

:suncoffee Hi ya!  Well still trying to get a car.  y son and his so called wife are giving him $200 for Christmas and his g/father gave him another 200. for Christmas (One of the few gifts ever in his life) and our neighbor is bying the car for 200 and says he will co-sign for him.  I wonder about his credit, but hopefully it is good. He gets pd next Thursday, so hopefully he can find something then.  In the mean time I have been having to find rides to where ever I need to go.
I see my doctor tomorrow and hope I can get back on my latik so I can get rid of this horrid retention.  I've got over 12 lbs of water retention in my legs and they are killing me.  Then my friend and I are going to Sams .

Back to top Go down
onestepangel

Location Bangor, Maine
Birthday : 1950-07-13

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   06/12/17, 09:51 am

WOW WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS SERVER.
HAD A HECK OF A TIME GETTING YOUR TAGS TO LOAD. EVEN ON POST IMAGE I HAD A HARD TIME.
THEY KEPT COMING UP AS BROKEN.
NOW ALL THE MESSAGES AREN'T FULLY LOADING.
WELL I HAVE DECIDED TO CLOSE MY YAHOO GROUP LIL BIT. I JUST CAN'T DO IT ANYMORE. PLUS YAHOO IS HAVING HIC UPS LATELY.
FIRST THE GROUPS SHOW UP ON THE HOME PAGE THEN THEY DON'T THEN WE GET MAIL AND THEN WE DON'T FOR 4 DAYS.
SO I TOLD SYL AND LORI YESTERDAY I AM GOING TO CLOSE IT DOWN. I AM SO INVOLVED WITH THE DIAMOND CLUB GROUP AND LAINE'S 3 GROUPS NOW PLUS I HAVE MY OWN BLOG FOR MY CLUSTERS I MAKE NOW. I JUST DON'T HAVE THE TIME. GEE'S I HARDLY HAVE TIME TO COME IN HERE LIKE I USE TO DO.
I AM NOT LEAVING HERE.
ON TOP OF IT ALL I GOT A LETTER ABOUT MY INSULIN LANTUS THEY AREN'T GOING TO PAY FOR IT ANYMORE AND WANT ME TO CHOOSE FROM 3 OTHERS THEY WILL PAY FOR. I AM SO TICKED OVER IT ALL. I HAVE BEEN ON THE LANTUS NOW ALMOST 10 YEARS AND THEY WANT TO TAKE IT AWAY.
I JUST GOT MY SUGARS SO THEY ARE FAIRLY NORMAL ALL THE TIME. THAT DAM OBAMA CARE BULL SHIT IS KILLING US ALL OF SLOW BUT SURE.
SO I HAVE A PHONE NUMBER FOR ELDERLY LEGAL SERVICES ON THE PART D AND I AM CALLING THEM TODAY. THEY FOUGHT FOR ME BEFORE WHEN THEY WANTED ME TO CHANGE OTHER MEDS I WAS ON FOR YEARS. I WON THOSE 3 CASES AND NOW THEY HAVE TO PAY FOR THOSE 3 TILL I DIE. WILL SEE IF IT WORKS ON THE INSULIN.
THE ONE CALLED BASGALAR IS THE SAME INSULIN AS LANTUS THE OTHER 2 ARE LEVIMIR AND TRESEBA. I DO NOT WANT TO TAKE THOSE BECASUE THEY CAN CAUSE PANCREAS ISSUES THAT CAN CAUSE YOU TO DIE. I WORRY DAILY ABOUT GETTING PANCREATIC CANCER SINCE MY MOTHER DIED FROM IT. DR ALREADY SAID WHERE I AM A DIABETIC YES I CAN GET IT. MORE SO WHERE MOM DIED FROM IT. SO BEEN REALLY DEPRESSED LATELY OVER IT ALL.
ON TOP OF THAT SHADOW IS GOING DOWN HILL AND I HAVE GOT TO MAKE THAT DECISION ON HIM AND I DON'T WANT TO, BUT HE KEEPS LOOSING WEIGHT. HE HAS GONE FROM 25.5 LBS TO 14 IN 3 MONTHS. HE EATS 4 TIMES A DAY NOW A HALF CAN EACH MEAL. I CAN SEE HIM STARVING TO DEATH BEFORE MY EYES. I LOVE HIM TO MUCH.
IT'S A NEVER ENDING THING FOR ME AND I KEEP PRAYING AND ASKING GOD PLEASE NO MORE. I KNOW HE DOESN'T GIVE US MORE THEN WE CAN BARE BUT REALLY IT'S NONE STOP LATELY.  I JUST GOT ALL OF SHADOWS FOOD AND LITTER FROM CHEWY.COM I HAVE BEEN SPENDING ALMOST $100 A MONTH ON IT ALL AT WAL MART I GOT THE SAME STUFF FROM CHEWY FOR $55 AND 2 DAY FREE SHIPPING. SO I HAVE SAVED $$$ THERE.
SORRY FOR THE RANT. I AM JUST HEART BROKEN WITH WHATS COMING OVER SHADOW. HE IS THE FIRST CAT I HAVE LOVED THIS MUCH. NO MATTER WHERE I AM HE IS LAYING BESIDE ME. HE DOESN'T EVEN GO WITH DUSTIN ANYMORE. HE WILL COME GET HIM AND HE COMES RIGHT BACK IN WITH ME. HE HAS BEEN THIS WAY FOR THE LAST 2 MONTHS NOW.
BUT ANYWAY SAY SOME PRAYERS FOR ME AND SHADOW PLEASE.
GOT TO GET MOVING WITH THESE PHONE CALLS.
LOVE YOU ALL. WILL BE BACK IN SOON.
BIG HUG'S
BON

Back to top Go down
http://s73.beta.photobucket.com/user/onestepangel/library/
Suzanna3

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   08/12/17, 11:22 pm

Bon, so sorry Shadow is going downhill.  We love our pets like family.  It's the pits they want to take Lantus away from you.  Hope you protest and win!!  It's a constant struggle keeping our blood sugars in control, and taking away a proven medication doesn't make sense.

Cat, did you get back on the medication that helps with water retention?  Good luck with Dustin getting a car.

I'm in the middle of another asthma flare-up.  Thought it was just a bad cold, but it went into my lungs.  Wheezing and coughing something terrible. Not getting much sleep at night. Hubby made me go to urgent care today, since the week end is coming up.  Good thing I did.  He put me on prednisone ... which will make my blood sugars go sky high ... but is really good for clearing up my asthma!  Having trouble with my right knee and saw a doctor this week for that, too.  X-rays show mild osteoarthritis but thankfully not bad enough for knee surgery!  Got a new cane and taking Tylenol daily now.  AND he said I qualified for a disability tag for the car.  He filled out the forms and we took it to DMV and got the tag.  Will be nice not having to walk so far in parking lots.  By the time I would get into the store, my leg hurt too bad to shop much!

Back to top Go down
Catwoman=^..^=

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   09/12/17, 12:55 pm

Hello Everyone!

Bonnie, I just got your Christmas card yesterday!  It is so beautiful!  I love it!  Thank you, sweetheart!
As I'm reading about Shadow I have my hands to my mouth because my heart is aching for him so much.  I am praying for him.  I know he's your angel and you depend on each other so much and that you do love him.
Why in the world would they want to take away a medication that is tried and true and working well for you?  That doesn't make any sense at all.  I pray that things go well for you when you talk with them, Bonnie!  Someone has to listen to reason.

Suzanna, sorry to hear about your asthma flare up moving to your lungs.  Be VERY CAREFUL with the prednisone because it can damage your liver.  I took the prednisone when I had my gallbladder taken out for nausea and to be honest with you I stopped taking it and just dealt with the nausea.  I was scared that if I had taken it the whole time I was sick (well over a month) I would have done some serious damage to my liver.
That was great that your doctor signed the forms so you are able to get the disability tags.  That will help sooooo much when shopping.  I'm glad you don't need anymore knee surgery.

Cat, it sounds like everyone is doing their best to pitch in for that car.  I hope he gets it.  Anything to help, huh?

I have been so busy online trying to get ahead of all of my fe-mails that I haven't kept everyone abreast with everything that's been happening in my life.  Well.......here goes......
Toward the end of last month a FedEx truck came to my door and the driver came out with this huge box.  I needed help getting it into the house.  It was heavy!  I opened it up and it turned out to be a very nice cookware set by Calphalon.  Has anyone heard of them?  I haven't until that day when I opened the box.
For the life of me I couldn't figure out how this got shipped to me.  There was no invoice in the box.  I was so puzzled.  The label said it came from Kohl's so I called them up and told them I just got a cookware set from them with no invoice.  They asked me if it could be a Christmas present from family or friends and I said not that I know of.  They said that since there was no invoice it has already been paid for and to just enjoy it.  Well, I hung up just as confused as before.
A couple of days later it suddenly dawned on me that I belong to a website that will mail you things and you get to keep them free of charge as long as you are willing to test the product out and write a review on their site.  So, I went on their site and in my account it shows that they indeed did mail out to me a product (it didn't show what the product was, though).  So, I took the cookware out of the box to test it with my....ahem.....culinary skills.  LOL!  Then a couple of weeks ago I went online to the site and wrote my review.  So, now I'm the proud owner of a very nice cookware set.  I checked the price online and it sells for over $300!  Wow!
The reason I didn't connect it right away is that when you sign up to test a product you don't necessarily get the product right away.  Many times you might not get the product for testing until 3 or 4 months later.  By that time I'm not going to remember anything.
Just last week I got another product from them to test out.  It's an espresso machine by KitchenAid.  I don't drink coffee or any variety of it but my landlady does so I got it for her.  She really likes it.  I'll write a review in a couple more weeks.
Here is how the site works.  You go to the site and sign up and create an account.  They will send you fe-mails with products that they are currently accepting reviews for.  If you see a product that you want to review you click on the button in the fe-mail and you are taken to a page in the site where you fill out a VERY short form where you give your address so they know where to send the product and agree to write a review.  If you say you agree then you will get to keep the product.
Many times you will not get the product right away and you don't necessarily get EVERY product that you sign up for because you have to figure that there are thousands of other members signing up for the same product.  So they must use some kind of system to help them decide which member gets which product.  When it shows up at your door take it out of the box and start testing.
If you are interested in joining the link is:

Hello Everyone!

Bonnie, first things first... As I'm reading about Shadow I have my hands to my mouth because my heart is aching for him so much.  I am praying for him.  I know he's your angel and you depend on each other so much and that you do love him.
Why in the world would they want to take away a medication that is tried and true and working well for you?  That doesn't make any sense at all.  I pray that things go well for you when you talk with them, Bonnie!  Someone has to listen to reason.

Suzanna, sorry to hear about your asthma flare up moving to your lungs.  Be VERY CAREFUL with the prednisone because it can damage your liver.  I took the prednisone when I had my gallbladder taken out for nausea and to be honest with you I stopped taking it and just dealt with the nausea.  I was scared that if I had taken it the whole time I was sick (well over a month) I would have done some serious damage to my liver.
That was great that your doctor signed the forms so you are able to get the disability tags.  That will help sooooo much when shopping.  I'm glad you don't need anymore knee surgery.

Cat, it sounds like everyone is doing their best to pitch in for that car.  I hope he gets it.  Anything to help, huh?

I have been so busy online trying to get ahead of all of my fe-mails that I haven't kept everyone abreast with everything that's been happening in my life.  Well.......here goes......
Toward the end of last month a FedEx truck came to my door and the driver came out with this huge box.  I needed help getting it into the house.  It was heavy!  I opened it up and it turned out to be a very nice cookware set by Calphalon.  Has anyone heard of them?  I haven't until that day when I opened the box.
For the life of me I couldn't figure out how this got shipped to me.  There was no invoice in the box.  I was so puzzled.  The label said it came from Kohl's so I called them up and told them I just got a cookware set from them with no invoice.  They asked me if it could be a Christmas present from family or friends and I said not that I know of.  They said that since there was no invoice it has already been paid for and to just enjoy it.  Well, I hung up just as confused as before.
A couple of days later it suddenly dawned on me that I belong to a website that will mail you things and you get to keep them free of charge as long as you are willing to test the product out and write a review on their site.  So, I went on their site and in my account it shows that they indeed did mail out to me a product (it didn't show what the product was, though).  So, I took the cookware out of the box to test it with my....ahem.....culinary skills.  LOL!  Then a couple of weeks ago I went online to the site and wrote my review.  So, now I'm the proud owner of a very nice cookware set.  I checked the price online and it sells for over $300!  Wow!
The reason I didn't connect it right away is that when you sign up to test a product you don't necessarily get the product right away.  Many times you might not get the product for testing until 3 or 4 months later.  By that time I'm not going to remember anything.
Just last week I got another product from them to test out.  It's an espresso machine by KitchenAid.  I don't drink coffee or any variety of it but my landlady does so I got it for her.  She really likes it.  I'll write a review in a couple more weeks.
Here is how the site works.  You go to the site and sign up and create an account.  They will send you fe-mails with products that they are currently accepting reviews for.  If you see a product that you want to review you click on the button in the fe-mail and you are taken to a page in the site where you fill out a VERY short form where you give your address so they know where to send the product and agree to write a review.  If you say you agree then you will get to keep the product.
Many times you will not get the product right away and you don't necessarily get EVERY product that you sign up for because you have to figure that there are thousands of other members signing up for the same product.  So they must use some kind of system to help them decide which member gets which product.  When it shows up at your door take it out of the box and start testing!
If you are interested in joining the link is:

I hope you decide to sign up with the site.  It's a great way to get free products!

December 7th from 3 pm - 5 pm I went to The Senior Adult Christmas Party at a church members home.  Here are the photos.  I hope you enjoy them!

This is the second year that Dwight Simpson and his wife, Maryjane, have held the Senior Adult Christmas Party. Dwight is the pastor for the seniors in the church. He and his wife organize all the activities for all of us seniors. They do such a great job and they are well suited for it too!

Here we are in the living room of Dwight and Maryjane where Dwight is orchestrating the ornament exchange.

This is my sweet friend, RLN. Pronounced Arlen. She was in Fiji for four months and I sure did miss her! It was so good to see her again! She has a sweet soul.

The man in the background with the checkered shirt is John. He is the one that drove me to the festivities along with his girlfriend and another passenger. The woman sitting in the background in the mint green pants is Helen and she is 91 years young!

Here is Dwight again. I just love his smile and his whole demeanor! Another sweet soul.

This is CJ, Dwight's daughter in law. She is married with two daughters which she homeschools.

This is Arlene. I just met her the night of the party and just had to take a photo of her and her sweater. I have never seen such a huge bow on a sweater before! I know she must be a fun person!

Here is RLN again. What else can I say except that I felt she is worth two photos!

RLN was wearing a Santa hat which she plopped on my head and took this photo. Dwight and Maryjane did such a great job decorating the place for the festivities. They have two Christmas trees in the house!

Back to top Go down
Suzanna3

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   09/12/17, 09:54 pm

Catwoman, I love all the pictures of the Christmas party!  What an awesome group you belong to.  I'm happy you have these friends and the fellowship!!

That is really neat, Catwoman, about the free products you can try out and then review!  You may have to start cooking with all that cookware.  LOL  I've bookmarked the site and will look into it.

I'm still coughing and wheezing and more out of breath today!  Doctor said if no improvement by Sunday, to come in again.  But I've only been on the medication 2 days, so may hold off a bit.  I'm feeling a little better tonight....just tired!  I will only be on the prednisone for 6 days, so don't anticipate any problems.  (Knocking on wood!)  Thanks for the warning, Catwoman!

I've been worried about you, being in the San Diego area with all those fires!  Looks like you are okay!!

Back to top Go down
Catwoman=^..^=

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   13/12/17, 06:02 am

Hello Everyone!

Suzanna, I'm so sorry that you're still feeling poorly.  If I were you I would go to the doctor anyway no matter how you feel.  I'm learning that the older I get the less chances I can afford to take.  Please take care of yourself.

I'm glad you like the pictures.  One thing about me it does take awhile for me to open up to people.  Slowly I'm getting to know others in my church.  We did have a great time!
I should take a picture of the cookware, huh?  It really is a nice set even though it is rather heavy, but the long handles create enough leverage to lift them.  At the same time the long handles makes it hard for them to fit in the sink when I'm washing them!  LOL!  Oh, well, I can't complain for a free cookware set.
I'm okay here in San Diego.  Have you been watching the news?  The fires are so incredibly fierce.  It just amazes me.  We are safe.  For as long as I've been in San Diego the fires have never gotten this far south by the grace of God.

I wish Cat would come in and pick up her tags.  This is the second time I've left her tags and she's never come in the pick them up.

Take care everyone!

Purrs,
Catwoman=^..^= & Mija

Back to top Go down
Catwoman=^..^=

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   16/12/17, 12:00 am

I just received this note from Suzanna:

In case you didn't notice (wink-wink), I haven't been on the board for several days.  I've been in the hospital....4 days this past week... and now home and recuperating.  What I thought was a head cold turned out to be a viral respiratory infection that laid me low!  And also caused complications with other health issues. But I'll be back .... soon as I gain some energy!

Get all the rest you can before you come back.  We will be praying for you and are waiting for your return!

Back to top Go down
Suzanna3

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   16/12/17, 10:56 am

Thanks for posting the note, Catwoman.  I'm up this morning but very tired, so won't be tagging but wanted to kind of explain what happened since my last post in Chat.  I had that bad cold and posted that; Catwoman told me to get to the doctor.  LOL  Good advice.  Luckey agreed.  I saw a doctor in urgent care on Friday, Dec. 8 who gave me prednisone and said if I wasn't better to come back on Sunday.  Sunday I was worse and could hardly walk from one room to the next and couldn't catch my breath!  It was scary.  The Kaiser permanente advice nurse I called sent me to the ER at the local hospital.   I was admitted from ER with an acute viral respiratory infection, which had exacerbated low oxygen and sodium levels, with extremely high blood sugars. I was dangerously ill. This had caused extremely severe asthma. Spent 6 hrs in ER and admitted to the hospital for continued treatment and care.  I will be on medication for two weeks, with a followup appointment with a doctor on Monday.  So .... slowly I am getting back to normal.

Take care, ladies.  Love you all.

Back to top Go down
Catwoman=^..^=

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   16/12/17, 05:38 pm

Hello Everyone!

Suzanna, Thank goodness you did go to the ER and got a much more thorough check up.  The first doctor who gave you the prednisone should have done that in the first place.  That was pretty negligent of him to begin with.  If I were you, Suzanna, I would go to that doctor and tell him about it and let him know that he needs to be a little less cavalier when it comes to diagnosing people...ESPECIALLY senior citizens.  We are more vulnerable than most.  I'm discovering that as I'm getting older.  The immune system changes as we get older and most times NOT for the better.

Thursday I had to go to the Social Security Office.  In August I started getting involved in their Ticket To Work Program for people on Disability who want to work to supplement their income.  The representative told me that I can notify them once a month by snail mail about my monthly earnings since I work from home on my computer.
Well, every month since August I've been doing just that and Thursday I got a call from them stating that they haven't been receiving any notifications from me and I have to come down and fill out and sign a form or I will be in danger of losing my benefits.  Soooo....the next day I headed on over and was there from 9 am to 11:30 am playing the waiting game.
I told them that it was very weird that they didn't get any of my letters.  I even verified their address with them and they said it was correct.  So, I asked them if I could CALL them in the future with my monthly earnings and they said yes.  Thank goodness.  So glad I got that straightened out.
A friend of mine from church came by and picked me and we did a couple of errands which I will explain at a later time.  I don't want to run on and on today.  I'm too tired.
Have a great day everyone and Merry Christmas to all of you!!

Purrs,
Catwoman=^..^= & Mija

Back to top Go down
Suzanna3

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   18/12/17, 04:26 pm

Another quick update:  Crazy "new" computer (just past one year warranty, of course), crashed this morning.   We got it up and running back to where it was when we first got it!

NOw I have to figure out how to download my antivirus and malware programs, and all the other crap that goes with working on computers!  But at least I was able to saved the records/documents/pictures I have on here and didn't lose my tags! 

Saw the doctor this morning, more x-rays, more medication, still wheezing in lungs and they are checking to see if I'm walking around with pneumonia.  The doctor said "at least I didn't hear heart failure in your lungs."  Gee, thanks, doc!  LOL

Slow process recovering from this.  I'll be around, but not much while I fight my lungs AND the computer!!

hi1

Back to top Go down
Catwoman=^..^=

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   21/12/17, 12:09 pm

Hello Everyone!

Suzanna,so glad that you are on the road to recovery.  So sorry that your computer crashed.  That is sooooo frustrating.  You seem to be more computer savvy than me because whenever my computer crashes I go to a professional and tell them that I want everything retrieved that they find on the hard drive.
I also belong to a program that I found on a TV commercial years ago.  It's a one time fee of $65 (back in the day, at least) and how they work is you call them once a month, or whenever you want, and you tell them you want your computer scanned.  I usually call them at night when I'm not on my computer so they can scan it.  For this they only charge you $10 a month.They are called US Tech Support.  Here is the number:

866-793-0154.

Because I have my computer scanned every month the chances of it crashing are slimmer than if I didn't have it scanned.

Yesterday from 10:30 am to 3:30 pm I spent the day at a clubhouse called Casa Del Sol.  It's primarily a place for people with mental disabilities who are also low income to hang out and do things.  They serve lunch and have certain activities like arts and crafts, exercises like yoga and outings like going to the movies, the store.  Other members have told me that they even go to places like Disneyland for only a nominal fee.  That's incredible!  All you have to do is a chore everyday that you are there.  Yesterday I swept the computer room.
Anyway, yesterday from 2 to 4pm we had a Christmas party with a lovely meal and a couple of raffles afterwards.  I couldn't believe that I actually won one of them!  I haven't opened it up yet and I put it under the tree.  As it stands now I have a whopping 3 presents waiting for me under the tree.  That is the most presents I have had in all my adulthood!  LOL!  Anyway, I also met a lot of good people and I hope to see them at least once a week.
Merry Christmas everyone!

Purrs,
Catwoman=^..^= & Mija

Back to top Go down
crazycat
Creative Member

Location California

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   22/12/17, 06:05 am

Morning, Merry Christmas.   Grandson finally got a car.  It' a Nissan Versa, 2010, I think.  It's nice but doesn't have power windows or locks or security.  But is good for a first car and establishing some credit.  He is happy with it, which is what counts.
Then our living room flooded and our neighbor had to fix the shower so the water would quit coming thru the wall. He brought his dry vacuum and we sucked up most of the water, but it had made my allergies go wacko and I have runny nose and cough now.
Suzanne, I hope you heal quickly.  Catwoman, seems like you are getting out and more sociable now.  Bon, hope you are doing OK.

Back to top Go down
Suzanna3

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   23/12/17, 11:57 pm

Had more lab work done yesterday and got a call in the evening from Kaiser Permanente nurse.  My sodium and chloride levels are still low and they were checking on me. Told to continue low fluid intake, and made an appointment for follow-up with my doctor next Friday.  In the meantime, I am to drink sports drinks with electrolytes and sodium.  So ... how do you drink less but then HAVE to drink something special??   Can get into all sorts of health issues with low sodium.  I've been fighting this sodium for about  6 months.  The respiratory infection just made things worse, I guess.  My age is catching up with me.  Called my sister in California, and all we discussed was our health.  LOL  Really a sign of old age, huh!  Kaiser Permanente has sure taken good care of me and followed up on my recuperation!  

Still dealing with getting the computer back to where it should be!  We should have taken it to Best Buy or to some tech to fix it, I think! But ... it's getting there.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Chat Thread   

Back to top Go down

2017 Chat Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creative Impressions :: Creative Impressions General Board :: Daily Threads-
Jump to: